Some of the benefits of chocolate body treatments include:
- Chocolate firms the skin - The caffeine present in chocolate stimulates the circulation and improves blood flow. This in turn improves and invigorates skin cells, decreases the aging process and increases firmness of the skin.
- Chocolate is rich in anti-oxidants - The darker the chocolate, the more powerful are the antioxidant properties. It is also important that you choose your creams and lotions carefully before you begin using them. Products that contain more than 35% of pure cocoa are more effective when it comes to revitalizing the skin and giving it a plumper and firmer feel. Antioxidants also help increase the level of collagen and elastin in the skin and thereby reduce the effects of aging. Fine lines and wrinkles can be treated with regular chocolate treatments as antioxidants lessen the damage caused by free radicals in the body.
- As a moisturizing agent - Cocoa butter contains high amounts of natural oils and emollients necessary for treating dry, rough and flaky skin. Our chocolate body bar will help remedy rough skin especially on those stubborn spots such as the elbows, knees and feet.
- Good for cellulite - Chocolate contains theobromine that helps burn fat and get rid of cellulite.
- Calming effects - Who hasn’t calmed down after biting into a chunk of chocolate? In much the same way, a chocolate massage helps reduce stress and tension and eases tight and sore muscles.
You can also make your own chocolate massage lotion at home in a few simple steps:
- Mix together a quarter cup of cocoa powder with one cup of shea butter and a quarter cup of chamomile oil. You can use a blender for this to get a nice smooth consistency.
- Mix till the lotion is smooth and free of lumps. If you would like it thinner, add some more oil. If you prefer a thicker cream, add some more shea butter. Make sure that the shea butter is at room temperature for the best results.
- Pour this lotion into a jar with a tight lid and store in a cool dark place.
- Use to massage into the skin or as a moisturizer. It is gentle enough for everyday use!